Federal hostel is `A home away from home’ for students who opt for the boarding facility. The atmosphere is quite congenial for studies and personality development. The principle of self reliance is given a vent to the spirit of community living. It is undisputedly an enthusiastic blend of freedom and responsibilities. In a new place, new environment, among new people, in a hostel, our students are free to go about exploring many arenas that have earlier not dared to be explored.
Built in a peaceful setting within the school campus, only a stone’s throw from the school’s central facilities, the self contained, purpose built residence halls provide a wonderful opportunity for the boarders to experience a greater degree of independence and privacy. The boarders follow a strict and disciplined schedule. They are encouraged to participate in recreational activities which help them to relax and also create a feeling of oneness.
Facilities that are provided to our Resident Students (Boarders) are:
1. The teaching staff, resident staff and senior students take personal interest in each boarder’s progress, guidance and encouragement.
2. The hostel rooms are adequately furnished. A separate bed with mattress and a wardrobe is provided to each student. Each dormitory is governed by wardens and other supportive staff.
3. The kitchen is well maintained to ensure high standards of hygiene. It is also well furnished with modern methods of cookery replete with contemporary cooking gadgets.
4. Dining Hall where food is served is clean and hygienic. Purified cold and warm water (during winters) is provided to the students.
5. Fresh hygienic, nutritious and a strictly vegetarian food is provided to the boarders. A diet chart is followed taking into consideration the balanced diet of every student. The Canteen menu is well planned. Special meals are provided on festival days. The menu for all meal sessions is changed regularly to provide variety and wholesome nourishment
6. Boarders receive medical attention through the infirmary which is run and managed under the guidance of a qualified nurse. The school has a tie up with Address health- School Health Services for the head- to –toe examination of the boarders. In collaboration with other prominent hospitals of the city the administration staff shall provide emergency treatment to the hostel inmates.
7. To ensure safety and security of the boarders the school has deployed Security personnel round the clock in the hostels which is further beefed up with CCTV Cameras in the hostel.
8. 24×7 Generator facility ensures uninterrupted power supply.
9. Screening of popular movies and projection of important sport events on the big screen is arranged occasionally. Once in a month there will be an outing for hostel students to the city in school bus under the supervision of the Wardens in addition to the annual excursion.
10. Ragging and bullying is strictly prohibited and prevented.