The teaching methodology, assessments, and the lesson plans are as per the norms of CICSE board. From class 6 onwards, our students are channeled towards a specific syllabus to help them focus their class X milestone. Once high standards have been set, we start ensuring that all students know how to meet them. The bank of excellent work is one way to do this; it can be annotated to explain the criteria it meets and then displayed and discussed.
One of the most powerful ways to support a culture of excellence is through live modelling, where the teacher answers questions and explains his/her thought process in front of the class. The technique is adapted so that a piece of work is produced as a class and developed through carefully planned questioning.
- The teacher will share and explain the learning intention(s) with the children, as well as their expectations
- Lessons will be appropriately paced to help maximize learning
- The teacher will demonstrate excellent knowledge of and enthusiasm for the subjects taught
- Teacher in the classroom will encourage and support every child, giving positive reinforcement to help maximize progress
- The teacher will involve every child, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Teaching will be differentiated to ensure appropriate levels of challenge for all groups of children.
- Lessons will include a range of open ended, creative tasks as well as more closed tasks as appropriate.
- The students are assessed through various tools like projects, seminars, quiz, group discussions, brain storming, higher level thinking activities etc
The school empowers its students with strategies that can help them understand concepts with ease and confidence to face the board exams without any fear and inhibitions.